Sunday, March 18, 2012

Without incidence...


The Luck of the Irish!

Saint Patrick's Day 2010 is a day that is forever etched into my soul.

On Saint Patrick's Day 2010 I had my first miscarriage.

I was at work, bartending when it started.

At the time no one knew I was pregnant. No one knew I was even trying. No one knew of my struggles.

And no one knew I was miscarrying.

I had 8 hours to go of waiting on wall to wall people drunkenly celebrating.

And through my fake smiles and green glitter I was heartbroken.

I could feel my cramps intensifying with every hour and well, the rest, let's just say I am very happy that our uniform was black.

I made it through that night but a part of me died that day. A part I will never fully get back.

One year later on Saint Patrick's Day 2011 I was once again bartending.

A series of unfortunate incidences led me to be let go from that job.

A job a loved.

I ended up leaving my work family behind.

I would have to say that the Luck of the Irish has not been raining down on me in the Saint Paddy's Days Past.

But Saint Patrick's Day 2012 went off without incidence.

And although I secretly mourned the loss of my baby, I was surrounded by family and friends, green shirts, hats and sunglasses, good food and a sense that maybe, just maybe my luck might be changing.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were surrounded by people who care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't have more heartache piled onto that day...it's a difficult enough day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also glad this year went off without a hitch and I think you're way overdue for some good luck.

    Thank you for leaving such kind words on my last posts. I will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...